South Coast Speakers Toastmasters Clubs runs frequent short courses in public speaking. These are known as Speech craft workshops. These short courses run over 4 weeks and 2 hours at the time.
What can Speech craft do for you?
Speech craft programs are short courses in public speaking and communication. They are offered by our local club that is a subsidiary of Toastmasters International. It’s a good way to get to know what our clubs does and perhaps inspire you to join it afterwards. In a Speech craft program you will:
- Improve your communication skills so that you are more confident to talk in front of people.
- Prepare a number of speeches in quick succession.
- Find that your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues.
- Benefit because your participation in Speech craft will increase your leadership and management potential.
How can Speech craft meet your needs?
Speech craft can help you because:
- Speech craft is a program designed for beginners in public speaking.
- The hands-on program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- The Speech craft program is cost effective as volunteers who are training to be better communicators provide the course.
- An atmosphere of professional camaraderie makes each course a unique learning environment dedicated to personal improvement.
- The program can be tailored to meet your personal objectives.
How does the Program work?
The Speech craft program exposes each participant to a wide range of communication experiences.
- Each participant will receive a hand out plus other relevant materials. These provide valuable reference material after the program is finished.
- The initial prepared speeches are designed with the novice speaker in mind. You need no experience.
- A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop competency.
- During each meeting a short impromptu speaking session is conducted to help participants learn to think on their feet.
- After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognizes speakers for their strengths and provides valuable guidance on how future presentations may be improved.
- Upon completion of the basic course you may continue your training at a Toastmasters Club including South Coast Speakers Toastmasters.
When and Where is Speech craft conducted?
A wide variety of Speech craft programs are offered on a regular base. It’s best to sign up for the eNews, so we can keep you posted.
A Note for Employers
Speech craft is high quality training at a price that every firm can afford. If staff lack confidence when speaking in public, that is a handicap. But if they are prepared to put the effort into the course work, you will probably want to help them.
First study the requirements of the course and satisfy yourself that this is an effective program. Then offer to pay the course fees of your staff. When you have seen the results of the course, your firm could develop a policy of encouraging staff members to take the Speech craft course. Our club is very competent at both providing a program that will provide the participants the progress that you are a looking for and we are also very good at customizing the program to your individual needs.
If you have any questions about our short courses called Speech craft, please get in contact with us!